Wednesday 2 May 2012

I is for...

Imp.

A tricky one this. Some people list Imps along with Faeries while others don't. It's hard to say whether 'Imp' is a name specifically created to identify an actual type of small demon or an example of the demonisation of the Little People in general. Either way an Imp tends to be very small in size and show many of the characteristics of a naughty Faery; and as their name has its roots in German Folklore I'd like to think that they are Faery Folk.

© Shona M MacDonald 2012. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I'm certain they are. Tricksy and impish, if not more troublesome than pixies. Certainly about the house anyway. They like to leave the cooker hobs switched on in our house..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) cheeky imps - I wonder if they're secretly cooking stuff when no one is looking. I tend to have trouble with the water pixies that live in the flat upstairs :-|

      Delete